Hello people of the internet!
Yeah, okay, I don’t particularly like that opening either. But, hey, I’m new at this, so cut me some slack. If I’m being completely honest, I don’t have a single clue of what I’m going to write about. But, I needed to start this thing, so I’m just going to go with it. Not sure where this first blog will end up, or what exactly I’ll write about. It will most likely be me rambling on for a little while, trying to figure out a good topic, but never truly finding one. So, yeah, go with it! It’ll probably be fun at least. And as I keep going with this, it’ll get better. I promise.
So, first off; About me! Let’s see, uh, basics I suppose. My name is Jackson Horvat, I mostly go by Jack. I’m currently a high school freshman, at Canfield High School. I like typical teenage guy stuff. (Video games, watching TV, etc…) I’m fifteen years old . . . you know what, no, I can’t do this. This is too boring. List time!
Random facts about me, in the form of a list: (Because why not!)
- I am a total nerd. For comics, TV shows, movies, video games, anything like that. And I will say, right now, that I will most certainly nerd out on this blog in the near future.
- Just starting to drive! Haven’t killed anyone yet, so you know . . . yay!
- I have a very unhealthy obsession with Spongebob Squarepants. Yes, I understand I am fifteen years old, but I completely and utterly do not care. (But, no, I will admit . . . I don’t want to talk about the new movie yet . . .)
- Also a Lego fanatic. I could probably just sit down and build for hours and hours, and perhaps the rest of my life. Beautiful piece of plastic, after beautiful piece of plastic.
- I am the introvert of introverts! As these blogs go on, I may seem out going, and quite insane sometimes, but if you were to ever meet me in person, I will probably say two or three words to you and then awkwardly stare off into the distance, hoping that you just go away. Seriously, I suck at social-related things.
- I am a HUGE bookworm! Honestly I could just live in books, and never do anything. But, NEVER, ask me my favorite book series. I’ve given answers before, but I could never reach a final decision. It’s like asking me to choose my favorite child . . .
- I play the saxophone in band at school. (Fairly good I’d like to think) And at times I will be known to be a band geek.
- I wear glasses, and I’m convinced I’m becoming blind. Just totally blind. Like, I’m starting to lose vision in my right eye . . . WITH MY GLASSES ON! So, yeah . . . blind.
- I will say my favorite show, without a doubt, is The Walking Dead. Speaking of that, I WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE FINALE! I know I can’t talk about it on here, because it could spoil for anyone who might read this, but, AH! The finale . . .
- Off of that, my other favorite shows include: Arrow, The Flash, Grimm, Falling Skies, Gotham, and some others if I ever get around to watching them.
- I’m extremely OCD, and everything needs to be organized and neat. Don’t believe me? Here: Whenever I eat things like M&M’s or maybe something like Skittles, or anything small and colored, I organize them . . . by color . . . in a neat row . . . and eat them one by one. In order.
- Speaking of that, I added this bullet just because I had 11 bullets and didn’t want to end with that. 12’s nicer.
So, there you go. That’s certainly not my life or all of me whatsoever, but it’s a start. Hopefully if this keeps going, and people start to read it, a lot of people will get to know me pretty well.
Now, most importantly about me; My book! Yep, yep, if you are on this site and reading this, I’m assuming you saw that I have a book that I wrote! And, yes, I’m fifteen! The book is titled “The Vortex Entrance,” and is a sci-fi/fantasy book. It’s about a fourteen year old boy, named John Weaver. At the start he’s just a kid who’s been moving around his entire life, with just his mom and his little sister. His dad left when he was little. The only other constant person in his life is his best friend, Dominic Mattace. This time, going to yet another new school, is not like the other ones. At the end of a horrible day he’s confronted by a man who seems to be able to make things disappear and appear. A man who can move people and objects with strange purple light. From this moment on, John is thrown into a confusing and dangerous life. A magical life. A life with new people. A life where people can kill. A life where war is brewing . . .
So that’s a bit of a synopsis of the book! It’s certainly not even close to everything that goes on in this book. Anyway, this is book one in The Disappearing Series, and there will be five more that follow. I hope these stories make people laugh, cry, scream, cheer, and sit on the edge of their seats. And most importantly I hope it lets people get lost in the words and the characters and have a great time. Writing is my one and true passion!
I’ve been writing ever since I was little. Just little stories and comics that I’d make out of characters from cartoons that I’d watch. (Yes . . . maybe Spongebob) And from there it grew and grew to where it is today. My parents especially helped that along, by suggesting that I try to make my own stories with my own characters and ideas. I could never ever thank them enough. Writing is something that I hope to do all my life. I want to make a living out of it, and I want to make it my first and only profession. It’s truly my dream coming true for this book to get published!
So, if you’re just now seeing my book, please pick up a copy! It would mean so much to me, and I want you to know that you’d be helping my dream become a reality! So, again, get a copy! Tell your friends about it! Tell your family about it! Scream about it into strangers’ faces! (Hey, it’d work) Just spread the word about the book! I’d be eternally grateful!
I guess that’s it for this one! It’s late, and I’m gonna’ go ahead and wrap this up! Thank you to anyone who’s reading this, and if you’d be so kind to do so, spread around this blog, and get people to this site! I’ll post another blog soon, I promise!
Hmm . . . I want to sign off with something clever, but I guess like the title, that’s to be determined. Eh, I’ll think of something!
Until next time! 🙂